Sunday, October 10, 2010

Q & A

Question #1: Are you still breastfeeding?

Answer: Yes

Question #2 (the one you really wanna ask): How long are you going to breastfeed?

Answer: First, that's probably none of your business. But second, I'll humor you.... I don't know. My goal right now is at least her first year.

(Person asking question makes a funny face)

My baby, my decision. I'm choosing to do what I think is best for my baby for as long as I feel it necessary. You can criticize me for numerous things, and I'm sure some of them have to do with raising a child, but not for this. I have just as much respect for any mother who formula-feeds for any reason as I wish people had for mothers who breastfeed. And if we breastfeed longer than one year, that's also my decision. I promise I won't let her go to kindergarten without weaning her. K? :-)

You can stop making the funny face now.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe there are still people out there who give hard times about breastfeeding. Wow.

    And awesome for you for continuing, but mostly awesome for Leslie! (I nursed Adeline till she was 13 months old; Alice recently weaned herself which I'm not super thrilled about but am trying to be zen instead.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww no worries. Do it how long you and she feel comfortable! I'm shooting for 2 years but I'm always open to her leading. You're a good mamma!

    ReplyDelete