Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More Q & A

More Q & A

Question: Are you sorry you quit your job now that Erik will probably be losing his?

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: We made the best decision we could with the information we had at the time. Had we known that Erik's time with Bechtel was much more limited than we thought, we would have probably made a different decision. However, in general I believe women were designed to be wives and mothers and be home. So this would be my eventual goal, even if it were delayed by Erik's situation. On the other hand, I would never judge any woman for working outside the home. Everyone has a different familial situation, and some are called to work outside the home. Sometimes it's best for the family for the mother to work, either instead of or in addition to the husband. But in my case, I feel so much more comfortable and at ease being a SAHM. I feel confident saying I'm a much better Mom than I am a transportation planner. I had no idea I'd feel this comfortable!  We "lost" 40% of our total income when I quit my job, but I feel more blessed now than I did when we had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment