Saturday, October 16, 2010

Date Night was a success!

So Erik and I went out for our first "just because" Date Night since The Little Angel's arrival.  The only other times we've been out were for his birthday and our anniversary.  I took said Angel to the parents' house for safe keeping.  When I left she was all about the grandparents and paid me no attention.  I kissed her good-bye and you would have thought I was invisible.  Kinda hurts a Mommy's feelings!

We went to Movies on the Square, which was free.  They were showing "North by Northwest", which neither of us had seen. (Aren't 1950's/1960's movies funny?) We were going to eat at Tomato Head first, but Erik didn't get home from work soon enough.  So the parents Mom agreed to stay up with The Angel even later than planned so we could eat after the movie.  I was dreading how bad of a mood the baby would be in so late at night without a nap.

The movie was good, partly because it was free.  Also, I love sitting on Market Square with a chill in the air!  The food was good; Tomato Head is always awesome.  But it was really awesome because the gift card I used took care of the entire bill!  I thought it was only a $10 card, but it was a $50 one!

Then we picked up The Angel around 12:00 a.m.  I envisioned being up most of the night/morning with her, but I was pleasantly surprised.  She slept all the way home, and she was happy to be with us when we got back.  She doesn't get a lot of time with both of her parents together, so I think she relishes it when she does get it.  We all three played on Mommy and Daddy's bed for about an hour, and she was in such a good mood.  She was just laughing and rolling around, giving Daddy Baby Punches in the Face (SOOO not painful), and rolling back over to Mommy with sweet little grins.  Then when she was ready to go to bed, she didn't cry or fuss.  She nursed a little, got drowsy, and went to sleep without a peep.  The cherry on top was that she slept for more than 10 hours.

I think we all needed a change of scenery, and it was so refreshing to come back together at the end of the long day.  And I told Erik we need to do that more often if she's going to sleep for 10 hours afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment